The Villa of San Lorenzo

History The Villa San Lorenzo is located on the side of the hill of San Miniato, facing north-east and well hidden by large trees in the park that surrounds it. This complex consists of two villas, the oldest of which dates back to 1400, while the construction of the second, what is now commonly regarded as the villa itself - can be placed between the second half of 1500 and the first half of 1600 . We have a lot of information about their history, we do not know, in fact, the name of the family that built the oldest part, and the second was perhaps built by From Red, because some documents prove that in 1600 was home to this family. In 1500 and in 1600 the Del. Red, which among other things were also famous collectors of works of art, potevanono considered among the wealthiest and most powerful members of the Florentine nobility. With regard to the latter group we read in the historical Ceramelli Papiani "originated by Antonio Corsi from Signa which was a coachman from the castle in Florence and derived its origin from a Puccino Lotto ... and Andrea Rosso, Antonio's sons, piled trade with the immense wealth that ensued Florentine citizenship in 1598. " The Villa San Lorenzo remained the property of Del Rosso also throughout the 1700s. In the land of Lorraine, 1782, between the property inherited by Marco Del Rosso there were also these two villas. The first is described as follows: "the gentleman house with garden and dovecote located in the parish of St. Lawrence in Signa, Podesta Fields, the place called the villa at the well of John the Good which is bordered by going to Artimino Street that according to Rendina (Rein) that goes to San Miniato from the well of John Good ... " The location of this is taken as a reference point the well of a certain John Coupons namely understandable because once a Signa wells there were few. Even today, the older of the country call it the "Pozzino" that group of houses in a street near the intersection with Via Alberti's Reins, bordering precisely with the Villa San Lorenzo. and queso, perhaps, with some reference to the Del Rosso. The other house is described as follows: "the gentleman house with a yard, garden, courtyard and a dovecote in the people of San Lorenzo in Signa, bordered to the first road that goes to the hill of Signa, according to the square of San Lorenzo it .. .. " This description is proof that in the villa passed the road that leads to San Miniato and there is now Via Alberti. We have also learned that in past centuries were called "houses of lords" homes that the gentleman kept at its disposal to when he went to the countryside, as they were called "houses worker" the peasants' houses or other employees. In 1807, following the failure of Mark Del Rosso, the villa with all the adjoining land, was sold at auction and was purchased by Leon Battista Alberti for the sum of 139,982 francs (ASF). In 1836, Mario Mori Ubaldini Benedict inherited the title and property of Count Alberti and among them also the villa San Lorenzo. I Mori Ubaldini descended from a family known for Aldobrandinelli in the Middle Ages was powerful in Signa "where was a turreted palace surrounded by a walled enclosure" (ASF). Of this building we know nothing, nor where it was located, or how it presented, the documents we consulted do not say anything about it. We know that often the Renaissance villas were built on medieval structures that already exist and this would lead to think that it was located where he later built a villa. It belonged to this family who Dante in his "Divine Comedy" 'a sign of contempt called the "villan from Signa" that the famous jurist Boniface Mori member of the party of the Blacks, Whites enemy of what he belonged to Dante. This family remained the owners of the villa until 1908, when it was bought by Mr Tanini. In 1941 it passed to a certain Mr Snaider and then to Mr. Tempesti in 1947. Since 1970, owns a company whose director is Mr Tempestini The most important building, what is referred to as the villa itself, is L-shaped and irregular show that they have suffered in the course of time, as stated in the report made by the architect Morozzi the Superintendency of Monuments, several interventions. The facade is nineteenth century and there is no place the emblem of Morubaldini Alberti, Above the roof stands a loggia-viewpoint from where you can admire the one hand, the landscape as far as Florence, and, secondly, to Poggio a Caiano. The construction of these terraces typical of many villas can be the witness of love for nature that the owners of the past could have, In the basement there are wineries, which are also of considerable interest. The oldest part of this complex includes those places that until a few years ago were on the farm. There were in fact a wine cellar, a mill and a warehouse. Affects the facade of this building, but rather the courtyard, whose columns are bookended with beautiful capitals in stone. The ceiling at times recalls the taste of the age in which it was built. There is a room that was once used as a stable and in front of it there is a portico with three arches. Another place was the lemon that was born as a salon, but then, perhaps, when the building lost a little importance to the advantage of the largest was left as a greenhouse for lemons. On a façade there is the inscription "Cor magis tibi Signa pandit" (A Signa you open more of the heart). There it was possible to visit the interior of this villa, we therefore proceeds to hear from people who have worked there for many years. There have been also help reproducing some of the photos of the building interior. We knew that the what is called the "villa" is composed of 64 rooms, including among these are two large rooms decorated with paintings murals that date back to the last century. A photo of several years ago shows us an armory very beautiful with many weapons of various ages, hanging on the walls. The Santelli describes the interior of this building: "the most beautiful and oldest of all the villas signesi ... which once enthralled with its rooms decorated with taste almost asitico '. The floors of the various rooms are ceramic or cooked. Several locals are equipped with a fireplace and many of the ceilings are paneled with hand-made decorations. part of the villa is also a chapel, where the owners once used in religious services. The park surrounding this complex is always very great even if it is not like it used to when exceeded four hectares. Today it is still very impressive and, given its location, is undoubtedly an oasis of greenery and a lung important for the country of Signa. This park is crisscrossed with paths and walkways, there are many species of forest trees including cypresses, holm oaks, pines and many others. In the last century and the first half of this, the park of the villa Morubaldini then has experienced a period of splendor. In the early 1800s it was built, it is thought as an ornamental, a curious octagonal tower of taste, as it was then in fashion, medieval. It has remained until today, there is, instead, the lake place nearby that had a central obelisk. There was also a circular fountain with four sirens, located in the garden that lies in front of the villa. Also in the park, at the end of the last century, there was a fence where there were two deer, one male and one female. Were also some statues and murals mosaic made with material of various kinds which also reflect the taste of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Although this villa, like that of Castelletti, was at the center of a huge farm in the 50s was 189 hectares. Farms included in the Renai, a Lecore Sant'Angelo, in Campi Bisenzio and S.Mauro. Well as in centuries past had to be a big farm, the early nineteenth century were part of the property Alberti more than twenty houses and many farms. Among the various properties are also listed three ponds, one of which is located in Prato, probably over the river Bisenzio Around the villa are located in buildings built in different times. One of these, now used for agricultural purposes, reveals that in the past has had a more important role than at present. The "kneeling" windows typical of Tuscan villas between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, a buffered currently logged in with arched openings, suggest that a long time ago may have been the home to the farm. Even the interiors had to be very accurate, in fact there are remains of wall decorations and wooden ceilings with decorations too (from a report of the arch. Galletti of the Superintendent of monuments of Florence). Bibliography Signa between History and Tradition - by the Elementary School "Leonardo da Vinci" - Ed Tipolitografia Nova, 1990

Non ci sono elementi in questa cartella.

« settembre 2019 »
settembre
lumamegivesado
1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30
Pro Loco Signa

Tel/Fax: 055/8790183
E-mail: info@prolocosigna.it
Indirizzo:
Piazza Stazione - 50058 Signa (Firenze)

 

Comune di Signa
Comune di Signa